From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fetchmail + certs = problems
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 01:05:28
1 Heiko Zinke <mails@××××××.com> [10-10-03 22:01]:
2 > On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 12:31:38PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > fetchmail's log told me, that there is something wrong with the setup
6 > > of the certificats.
7 > >
8 > > In the log there is the following section
9 > > fetchmail: Server certificate:
10 > > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
11 > > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
12 > > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
13 > > fetchmail: pop.gmx.net key fingerprint: A6:57:BC:4A:97:AD:DB:99:00:E9:3A:B8:81:55:D7:B6
14 > > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local issuer certificate
15 > > fetchmail: This means that the root signing certificate (issued for /C=DE/ST=Bayern/L=Munich/O=GMX GmbH/CN=pop.gmx.net) is not in the trusted CA certificate locations, or that c_rehash needs to be run on the certificate directory. For details, please see the documentation of --sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the manual page.
16 > > fetchmail: Server certificate:
17 > > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
18 > > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
19 > > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
20 > > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate not trusted
21 > > fetchmail: Server certificate:
22 > > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
23 > > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
24 > > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
25 > > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to verify the first certificate
26 > > fetchmail: Warning: the connection is insecure, continuing anyways. (Better use --sslcertck!)
29 > > In beforehand I did the following:
30 >
31 > i did pretty much the same thing without success :(
32 >
33 > but the sslcertfile option in the default section of my .fetchmailrc finaly solved the problem:
34 > heiko@chiefwiggum:~> cat .fetchmailrc
35 > defaults
36 > proto pop3
37 > limit 0
38 > mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
39 > sslcertfile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
40 >
41 > poll pop.1und1.de
42 > user "xxx" keep ssl
43 >
44 > poll pop.gmx.net
45 > user "xxx" keep ssl
48 > option sslcertfile in the fetchmail manpage and the update-ca-certificates manpage gave me the hint.
49 >
50 > cheers
51 > heiko
58 Hi Heiko,
59
60 looks good! ...and works!
61 Thank you for your help!
62
63 Best regards
64 mcc
69 > --
70 > This email is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route
71 > from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable
72 > by any number of system administrators along the way. If you have received
73 > this message by mistake, it would be ridiculous for me to tell you not to
74 > read it or copy to anyone else, because, let's face it, if it's a message
75 > revealing confidential information or that could embarrass me intensely,
76 > that's precisely what you'll do. Who wouldn't? Likewise, it is superfluous
77 > for me to claim copyright in the contents, because I own that anyway, even
78 > if you print out a hard copy or disseminate this message all over the known
79 > universe.
80 > I don't know why so many corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach
81 > a disclaimer to the bottom of every email message saying otherwise. If
82 > you don't know either, why not email your corporate lawyers and system
83 > administrators and ask them why they insist on contributing so much to
84 > the waste of bandwidth? To say nothing of making the presence of your mail
85 > on public discussions or mailinglists of explicitly contratictory nature.
86 > May as well just delete it, eh? Oh, and this message is probably plagued
87 > with viruses as well.