From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <tecnic5@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excessive processor usage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:14:04
1 sean escribió:
2 > There seems to be a lot of excessive processor usage and I am trying
3 > to track down why.
4 >
5 > Is anyone able to recommend the best way to track down what is causing
6 > the excess processor usage?
7 >
8 > I have not noticed anything using top.
9 >
10 > Thanks
11 > Sean
12 >
13 If top doesn't show up anything only two things come to my mind:
14
15 1) There's no excess processor usage
16 2) Someone compromised your system and maybe added an application that
17 is using you cpu, but also changed top so it doesn't show this new
18 application (might seem paranoid, but I've seen it before).
19
20 Abraham
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list