From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage nfs permissions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:03:08
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm trying to set up the portage directory to be hosted over nfs.
4 Everything is working great but I would like to increase the security a
5 little. I was wondering if there's an easy way to restrict 'emerge
6 --sync' to only work on the server, while still letting all the nfs
7 client machines download sources and emerge packages.
8
9 I was thinking of doing an 'all_squash' on the server, then changing the
10 /distfiles directory to give group write to the anongid account.
11
12 I've tried this with no luck. I keep getting an error trying to fetch
13 the package. I'm assuming it has something to do with the lock files
14 that emerge uses to prevent multiple downloads of the same package source.
15
16 I've tried to google to find a working configuration like this, but so
17 far I've come up empty. Does anyone else have some ideas on how I can
18 get this to work?
19
20 Thanks,
21