From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Commenting out multiple lines in vim
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:49:31
1 On 13.02.2009 07:48, Stroller wrote:
2 > On 13 Feb 2009, at 00:53, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 090212 Stroller quoted:
4 >>> In vim, you can just select the rectangular region with Ctrl-v,
5 >>> then type "I#<ESC>". This will insert # in each line at the same
6 >>> column.
7 >>
8 >> If you want to comment a series of lines m-n , it's quicker to do :
9 >>
10 >> :m,ns/^/#/
11 >
12 > I saw similar comments in my Google searches, but I am flummoxed how one
13 > could find it so.
14 >
15 > Is it only on my keyboard that forward-slash is a "lower-case" character
16 > that is accessed *without* the shift key deployed?
17 >
18 > How do you know m & n?
19
20 Column and line numbers are shown on the lower right part of the screen.
21
22 > Surely it's easier just to highlight the lines?
23
24 Not when you are working with the keyboard most of the time. Taking
25 your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse is time consuming and
26 becomes rather annoying.
29 Eray