From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] portage lags behind?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:53:21
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: b.n. [mailto:brullonulla@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 6:28 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage lags behind?
8 > maxim wexler ha scritto:
9 > > How do I tell portage to go for the latest stable pkg
10 > > without having to download the tarball and compiling/installing it
11 > > manually?
12 >
13 > You probably want ebuilds for newer packages that are still
14 > not in Portage. You can 1)file a request bug or 2)write an
15 > ebuild yourself for the community.
16 >
17 > Good luck,
18 >
19 > m.
20
21 Also, there are sometimes packages that the last stable version was
22 just that old.
23
24 There are also ocasionally packages that require multiple versions to be
25 installed in order to achieve what we want. How many versions of glib
26 are there?
27
28 Also, from what I have seen, portage often times has the most recent
29 builds of the packages that change most. :P
30
31 That is one of my main reasons for moving towards Gentoo to start with.
32 ^_^ I like current packages. ^_^
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list