From: Benoit Joseph <benoit.joseph@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Acerhk and dri problem on travelmate 803
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:28:24
1 Hello all,
4 I have an acer travelmate LCI803 laptop running gentoo (of course)
5
6 I have followed the instructions and gentoo-wiki about my laptop and several
7 others ressources on forum and wiki. everything was fine:
8
9 * hotkeys (using acerhk)
10 * fglrx (using latest ati-drivers )
11 * fbsplash/bootsplash
12 * ...
13
14 until I upgrade...
15
16 I switched from gcc 3.3.6 to 3.4 (folowing the instructions on wiki) then I
17 updated xorg and ati-drivers
18
19 First, i had to switch to xorg drm for my ati radeon because latest
20 ati-drivers does not support dlloader and my hardened use flag need it (or X
21 die with a libbitmap.a problem...)
22 Now I can start xorg, i have a better glxgears but if I try to leave x to go
23 in a console, I get a black screen, keyboard and mouse not responding and I
24 have to hard reboot...
25
26 Second, after gcc, and xorg/dri update, my module acerhk stop working. The
27 module loads without a warning but no rep under /proc/driver and rmmod
28 acerhk segfault! :-/
29
30 Of course, i have recompiled my kernel and modules-rebuild'ed the external
31 modules after my upgrades but nothing works. I can not have acerhk working
32 nomally...
33
34 Any helps greatly appreciated!!
35