From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 00:36:02
1 On Saturday 20 August 2011 00:14:07 Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > Here's my "autodepclean" script. It parses the output of a pretend
4 > depclean and generates, but does not execute, a script called
5 > "cleanscript", which has to be run as root. Note the warning to check
6 > "cleanscript" before running it. Remove the commands to unmerge the
7 > stuff you want to keep. In addition to some gentoo-sources kernels, it
8 > now wants to remove nano, ever since "virtual/editor" showed up in
9 > Gentoo. I get the warning...
10 >
11 > !!! 'app-editors/nano' (virtual/editor) is part of your system profile.
12 > !!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.
13 >
14 > Here's the script...
15
16 Interesting - thanks! It found an unused library file (qdbm) here that
17 nothing else had.
18
19 One suggestion: I'd create cleanscript in /tmp rather than wherever I
20 happened to be at the time.
23 Rgds
24 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23