From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] a couple of baselayout2 problems
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:27:48
Hi.  Several months ago, during an update, I converted to baselayout2
-- openrt, etc.  This has caused a couple of annoying problems.  When
I shutdown the computer with shutdown -r now it does not completely
shut down, the last message I get is init: no more processes at this
run level.  How can I fix such a thing?

The other problem is that once in a while a service dies -- named did
this -- and it would not let me stop the service and when I tried to
restart I got the message that the service was already started and it
would not start.  How do I tell openrt or whomever that something has
already stopped?

Any assistance on these would be appreciated.

--
How do
you spend it?

         John Covici