From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/locale vs /usr/share/locale
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:49:06
1 On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru> wrote:
2 > 2013/8/5 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>:
3 >> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru> wrote:
4 >>> Hello list,
5 >>>
6 >>> I have noticed today this folder on my laptop: /usr/locale. It
7 >>> contains multiple subfolders-languages with LC_MESSAGES.
8 >>>
9 >>> I wonder why these LC_MESSAGES are situated there, and not at
10 >>> /usr/share/locale, as on my other machine with Gentoo installed.
11 >>>
12 >>> Equery says that /usr/locale belongs to gnome-icon-theme 3.6.2. But
13 >>> the same gnome-icon-theme 3.6.2 didn't create /usr/locale on my other
14 >>> machine, created /usr/share/locale instead. Reemerging
15 >>> gnome-icon-theme didn't help.
16 >>>
17 >>
18 >> Sounds like a bug somewhere. Can you provide a build log for
19 >> gnome-icon-theme? You will need to set the PORT_LOGDIR option in
20 >> make.conf to keep build logs after a successful merge.
23 > Thank you for your answer. All build logs of gnome-icon-theme from my
24 > laptop attached.
25 >
26 > If you confirm this is a bug, I could report it.
29 Yeah, something strange is happening there. Go ahead and file a bug please.