From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, neil@××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: WARNING ! Re: [gentoo-user] Labeling reiserfs partitions
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:49:49
1 From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2 Subject: Re: WARNING ! Re: [gentoo-user] Labeling reiserfs partitions
3 Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:05:46 +0100
7 > On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:43:36 +0200 (CEST), Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
8 >
9 > > At least for me, this does not work!
10 > > I applied mkreiserfs -l "root" to a SATA disk with the root fs on
11 > > it and later reiserfsck. reiserfsck did not find any inconsistency
12 > > because
13 >
14 > Wouldn't it have been safer to have tried it on a USB stick first?
15
16 ...I did copy the whole rootfs to a previously total empty SATA
17 disk and used THAT hd for experimenting...
18
19 I am not /that/ blind...
23 But the idea, which was posted, was (cite):
24
25 "You can always run mkreiserfs and, after that, restore the data with reiserfsck."
26
27 ...and in this simplified form it do harm systems.
31 > Anyway, the command you want is "reiserfstune --label ...".
34 > --
35 > Neil Bothwick
36 >
37 > If nothing sticks to Teflon, how do they stick teflon on the pan?
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list