From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USB SDHC Card Reader works, but only if mounted first in WinXP virtual machine
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:31:26
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I have a USB SDHC card reader whose partition table is not read, and
5 > device node not created, when plugged into my Gentoo Linux computer.
6
7 Here's a good place to start:
8
9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital
10
11 Also there is mini-SD and micro-SD:
12 http://www.diffen.com/difference/SD_Card_vs_SDHC
15 To make things really interesting, there are several
16 "file systems" to choose from, relatively new to the
17 kernel, specifically for these sorts of devices. So grab
18 an embedded board and drop on over to the embedded gentoo
19 list, where the real fun begins......
20
21 The hacks that are really knowlegable on these puppies,
22 (solar, vapier, etc etc) hang out on gentoo embedded.
25 hth,
26 James
27
28 Also