From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pre-merge checks
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 19:41:02
1 Em sex, 24 de jan de 2020 13:21, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××.net> escreveu:
2
3 > On 24 January 2020 13:48:23 GMT, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Hi, All.
6 >>
7 >> I would like to see all pre-merge checks prior to build a new kernel,
8 >> just to make sure all kernel configurations needed até satisfied.
9 >>
10 >> I thought on issuing an "emerge -e world" then interrupting the process
11 >> at the beguinning of the first package build. But this looks a weird way
12 >> of doing things.
13 >>
14 >> Is there any other way?
15 >>
16 >> Thanks!
17 >> Francisco
20 > If you use make oldconfig, this shouldn't be necessary as all the checks
21 > have already been made.
22 > --
23 > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
26 This system has quite an old Gentoo instalation, and some packages show
27 complaints about kernel features. So I thought on doing an overall check.
28
29 Thanks!