From: Wes Gray <smiths@×××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help connecting a camera
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 01:36:39
1 My camera used to come up fine and at some point it broke and I can't figure
2 out what changed, though no doubt it is related to a kernel upgrade. It might
3 have been the switch to udev. I've been though the howto's and I seem to
4 have all the correct modules (compiled in, not loaded if that matters).
5 Dmesg says:
6
7 usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
8
9 but that is all, nothing about scsi emulation. Could that be related?
10 One of the howtos mentioned it, but I think that was related to 2.4 kernels.
11 Mounting (which used to work) now says:
12
13 # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera
14 mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
15
16 lsusb says:
17
18 # lsusb
19 Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
20 Bus 004 Device 005: ID 04a9:30b5 Canon, Inc. PowerShot A75
21 Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
22 Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
23 Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
24 Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
25
26 I'm stumped about how to approach this problem. Appreciate any ideas. Thanks!
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list