From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM and LABELS in fstab
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 01:29:00
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You have space in the filesystem, but the volume containing that
3 > filesystem is too large to move. You must first reduce the filesystem
4 > size, with resize2fs or whatever suits your fs, then shrink the LV
5 > with lvresize. That will free up enough extents to be able to fit them
6 > all on one disk. Look at the output from lvs to see what is taking up
7 > all the space.
8
9 So, me staring at it a while and trying to figure it out did work. That
10 is what I was thinking. Thing is, it looks to me like it would just
11 move the stuff over then I can reduce it by what sdb is making for its
12 share. Although, their way makes sense too.
13
14 I basically need to reduce the thing by 59604 PEs then it can move them
15 over to sdc so I can remove sdb. Looks like I am about to really learn
16 something here. It uses ext4 by the way. Looks like adding is easier
17 than removing, sort of.
18
19 Now to get my ducks in a row. o_O
20
21 Thanks.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!