From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev@×××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Eclipse 3.4-r2
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:17:34
1 On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:33:09AM +0000, Hung Dang wrote:
2
3 > I installed Eclipse 3.4 on my system and I could be able to enable
4 > Classic Update under Window > Preferences > General > Capabilities.
5 > Then I try to update Eclipse using Help > Software Updates > Find and
6 > Update dialog, however, nothing happened when I clicked Next button.
7 > Any idea?
8
9 Update a software using any "embedded option" in it is definetly not a
10 good way to do things in Unix systems. Programs with such menu entry are
11 usually multi-platform softwares.
12
13 This is the less worse way to update softwares in OS lacking a true
14 package manager.
17 Nicolas Sebrecht