From: Jonathan Nichols <jnichols@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] multiple Gallery installations
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:54:49
1 Hi everyone.. me again. :)
2
3 Ok, I have a question about installing Gallery.
4
5 If I just run "emerge gallery" then it'll put it into
6 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/gallery - which is fine and dandy, but what
7 about when other users want it?
8
9 I wanted to install it into /home/user1/public_html/gallery and not into
10 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/gallery. Another user's gallery would go into
11 /home/user5/public_html/gallery (see what I'm getting at?)
12
13 I suppose that I can change the ebuild, but what happens when Gallery
14 needs to be updated?
15
16 webapp-config -I gallery 1.4.4 failed;
17
18 www gallery # webapp-config -I gallery 1.4.4
19 * gallery-1.4.4 is not compatible with webapp-config
20
21 Fatal error: If it should be, report this at http://bugs.gentoo.org/
22 Fatal error(s) - aborting
23 www gallery #
24
25 I thought that webapp-config would let me do what I want, since
26 /usr/share/webapps now has "gallery" in it.
27
28 How do you all handle this? Let users just install Gallery themselves?
29
30 Thanks!
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list