From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] loop devices not present
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:18:10
1 On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:51:45 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > That would be true except I've beeen setting loop to <M> since many
4 > > kernel versions back. I actually suspect it's more a udev thing,
5 > > there has been a lot of activity and changes with the rules
6 > > recently. But I'm too rushed to decrypt all the rules syntax and
7 > > see what changed.
8 >
9 > My loop devices disappeared like this some time ago - are you using
10 > stable? I initially put loop in modules.autoload.d but since I use
11 > loop devices every time I boot, I moved them into the kernel instead.
12
13 No, I'm using ~x86.
14
15 I got things to a satisfactory state using modules.autoload.d just like
16 you and get the best of both worlds.
17
18 thanks
19
20 alan
25 Optimists say the glass is half full,
26 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
27 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list