From: Midnight Toker <the@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PowerPC - cannot boot from CD.
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:16:45
1 Ant,
2
3 I'm actually running a B&W G3 mac (450MHz) as my main desktop
4 machine. Personally I think its ace, but then I'm also using it with
5 OS10.4
6
7 If you're wanting to boot from CD, you can try the following:
8
9 1) Insert the CD and wait for it to mount it (an icon will appear on
10 the desktop).
11
12 2) Click on your little apple icon (top left of the screen), select
13 'System Preferences'
14
15 3) Select 'Start-up Disk', wait for the menu to populate with
16 bootable drives, click on it to select it, and then hit 'Reboot'.
17
18 Hope this works, though just as I write this, I vaguely remember
19 there being a bug booting from CD on some of these macs -i'll go
20 check up on that and post it if the above doesn't help.
21
22 Yours,
23
24 MidnighToker.