From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: what audio file format / container to play on Android.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 22:32:18
2 > Just top be clear: I'm pretty sure that's not _extracting_ the audio, but
3 > _transcoding_ it.
4 >
5 > The midentify output in my original post shows the audio to be AAC.
8 Extraction is;
9 ffmpeg -i "input file.mp4" -acodec copy "output file.aac"
10
11 Man page;
12 " Stream copy
13 Stream copy is a mode selected by supplying the "copy" parameter to
14 the
15 -codec option. It makes ffmpeg omit the decoding and encoding step
16 for
17 the specified stream, so it does only demuxing and muxing. It is
18 useful
19 for changing the container format or modifying container-level
20 metadata. "