From: Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which packages requires a given package with a specific use flag
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:29:56
1 On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:37:44AM +0100, Penguin Lover Helmut Jarausch squawked:
2 > How can I find out which (installed) package requires a given package
3 > (sci-libs/hdf5 in my case) with a specific use flag (cxx in my case)?
4 >
5 > I can't see how specifiy the use flag when using qdepends.
8 equery depends sci-libs/hdf5
9
10 will show dependency including any specified use flag
11
12 equery depends -D sci-libs/hdf5
13
14 will also show indirect dependencies, but you probably don't need
15 that, I guess.
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 W
20 --
21 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
22 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton