From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my hard drive sick?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:23:37
1 Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:12:17 -0600
3 > Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >> Ooops, I have IDE and the drive I just sent a email about is a SATA.
7 >> It won't work anyway. Do they have IDE drives like this?
10 > Yeah, I'm sure they do. You could also buy a controller for $20 - i am
11 > happy with my Silicon Image SATA controller, and I have another SI ide
12 > controller that has been working well for years. for example,
13 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132007
14 > has 1 internal, 1 external sata port; they also come with 2 internals,
15 > or more, of course.
18 >> Thanks.
19 >>
20 >> Dale
21 >>
25 Hmmm, the last time I looked for a SATA controller it was expensive. I
26 guess the price came down a lot since I looked last. I assume it would
27 be faster than my IDE drives too? That would be nice.
28
29 Thanks again,
30
31 Dale