From: Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVM on Gentoo Linux?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 11:38:23
1 On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 11:53:19 +0100
2 Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > If I'm booting off a live-CD or similar, then I'm not worried about the
5 > system being available for use, and streaming the data at a level BELOW
6 > the file system is far more efficient and quicker.
7
8 It's only faster if your disk is almost fully used. If you have a lot of free disk space
9 your method is doing a dumb clone of unused space. So it's argueable which method is
10 faster ;)
11 Your method neither allows changing of partition sizes nor a change on the underlying
12 filesystems. Maybe it's worth thinking about about another filesystem, when you switch
13 from classic HDD to SSD.
14
15 Cheers
16 Andreas