From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The time has come (udev and kernel dependencies)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:41:28
1 On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:37:28 +0100, brullo nulla wrote:
2
3 > Does this mean that I need to install a new kernel to run udev-141 ?
4 > Ok, I should run a new kernel *anyway* ... at this point the question
5 > is: when I update the kernel, I can use the old udev-124-r1 until I
6 > install the new one?
7
8 You can install and build the later kernel, then install the new udev
9 before you reboot, so you'll never need to run the new kernel with the
10 old udev.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Top Oxymorons Number 18: Taped live