From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean: !!! sys-apps/less is part of your system
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:35:56
1 On 23-Dec-11 8:47, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >>
3 >> # eselect pager show
4 >> PAGER variable in profile:
5 >> /usr/bin/less
6 >>
7 >> emerge --depclean
8 >> Calculating dependencies... done!
9 >> >>> Calculating removal order...
10 >> !!! 'sys-apps/less' (virtual/pager) is part of your system profile.
11 >> !!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.
12 >> >>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
13 >> >>> (Control-C to abort)...
14 >> Press Ctrl-C to Stop in: 10 9 8
15 >>
16 >> I have "less" set as my pager, and despite of that portage
17 >> wants to uninstall it. What am I missing?
18 >
19 > It's not in world.
20
21 But it was the same in the last week, and yet portage could
22 live with it. Why it suddenly wants to uninstall something
23 that is part of system profile? And at the same time it says
24 it might damage my system. Really nice...
25
26 Honestly, I do not understand this at all. Things worked for
27 years, now suddenly cause problems, and we call it "progress".
28 What is going to be it tomorrow? bash, tar, or grep?
29
30 Jarry
31 --
33 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
34 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.