From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Should I be worried that I won't be able to dual boot in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:17:30
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Well, since I don't have or use M$'s junk, I guess I am OK then? I just
6 >>> need to make sure any mobo I buy in the future either doesn't have this or
7 >>> can be disabled?
8 >>>
9 >>> Heck, if you didn't have to reboot windoze all the time, they wouldn't need
10 >>> this. lol
11 > Most hardware will have UEFI. The trick will be making sure the
12 > harware you buy allows the "secure boot" part of it to be turned off.
13 > Microsoft's program requires vendors to support using secure boot, but
14 > doesn't _require_ them to support _not_ using secure boot.
17 So buy a mobo without it or that can disable it. Got it. It'll be a
18 good while before I buy a new mobo tho. I'm sure they will have a nice
19 fix by then but this is something I need to remember just in case. ;-)
20
21 Dale
22