From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:10:50
1 On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:31:57 +0200, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2
3 > > I find this part a little confusing. Are you saying to add the
4 > > function
5 > > to bashrc if you are not using portage 2.1.9? How about those of us
6 > > using
7 > > 2.2?
8 > >
9 > 2.2 series also got the same feature, but I don't remember since which
10 > rc… the latest masked version is definitely fine though.
11
12 Does that mean I shouldn't have to run lafilefixer as it run
13 automatically on new installs?
14
15 > If you're running an older 2.2 or a 2.1.8 (or earlier) Portage, yes you
16 > should be adding the function to bashrc (or upgrade to ~arch Portage if
17 > you feel brave enough ;)).
18
19 I run ~arch on everything, I'm just too impatient to wait for anything to
20 be stabilised.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Mosquito - designed to make houseflies look better.