From: Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gmail + Email Client = No way
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:41:38
1 For last year or so, I've been using Gmail with Firefox, all in browser, and
2 have wanted to move to a local email client (using Thunderbird or
3 Sylpheed-Claws).
4 Unfortunately, the only time I have had any success with this was with the
5 Windows port of Thunderbird. Otherwise, it only grabs about a hundred or so
6 emails at a time, and will never get the latest emails. As well, the time
7 coding is all messed up. I've got a few emails from 1904, and for some
8 reason the 06/08/03 (2006 - August - 3rd, strange order) appear before the
9 06/08/22 emails, no matter what I do. I've repeatedly gone to gmail >
10 settings > forwarding and POP and chose "all emails", but whatever client
11 will most definately not grab all emails. I know other gmail users that have
12 been very successful with email clients, and I would very much like to be
13 one of them.
14
15 Is there a setting that needs to be switched on that I missed? Do I need to
16 just abandon the whole thing?
17
18 Thanks,
19 --
20 Samuel (shardz)
21
22 Noha+Shardz Productions: nsproductions.co.nr
23
24 Registered Linux User #410639
25
26 amarok.kde.org