From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:11:44
1 On Sunday 25 February 2007, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > I wonder if someone needs to
4 > > tell the programmer for portage that kwrite doesn't like those
5 > > *** in there at all? Should I file it as a bug?
6 >
7 > Of course not. If anything, it's a bug in KWrite. Why are you
8 > using KWrite anyway to look at the emerge log? Why not use
9 > something like Kuroo? Or else qlop (from portage-utils)?
10
11 To *look* at emerge.log, one uses less. Or more. Or most.
12
13 Never ever ever does one use a text editor to look at a log.
14
15 However, this is almost certainly a bug in kwrite, or kwrite has been
16 configured to consider .log files to be some kind of sources that needs
17 fomatting with collapsible sections. In either event, usage of kwrite
18 is the wrong tool for the wrong job.
19
20 Dale, I think you have a teeny bit of six-year-old-with-a-hammer
21 syndrome
22
23 alan
28 Optimists say the glass is half full,
29 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
30 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
31
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
34 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list