From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] file collisions
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:09:09
1 Allan Gottlieb writes:
2
3 > emerge complains that icu (details below) will overwrite files that MAY
4 > belong to other packages. But in fact none do. The suggestion is to
5 > ignore the collisions. Does that mean I should simply rm the files
6 > before retrying the emerge?
7
8 Yes. If you think these files might be important, then you could back them
9 up first. Apparently they belong to the icu stuff you are going to remerge
10 anyway, so deleting should be safe I think. But it's strange that those
11 files do not belong to any package.
12
13 Instead of removing them it would be easier to set FEATURES to -collision-
14 protect. And with FEATURES=keepwork you will not have to recompile icu. So,
15 I would do this:
16
17 FEATURES="-collision-protect keepwork" emerge -1a dev-libs/icu
18
19 Remember that you have to delete stuff in /var/tmp/portage/dev-
20 libs/icu-4.6.1 manually afterwards.
21
22 Wonko