From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysql use flag witout server, using only client libaries
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:59:16
1 On 29 Jul 2010, at 21:37, Tomas Krasnican wrote:
2 > ... But, when is the mysql in the depend part of rc script (for
3 > example, when you emerge syslog-ng with mysql enabled flag, that
4 > will be puted here automaticly), the running localy database is
5 > required for start this service. It is not required to have it rc-
6 > enabled the mysql database, because you have already enabled another
7 > service, which it requires..
8
9 Surely the rc-scripts should use "before" and "after" instead of
10 "needs" or "depends". I haven't looked at this recently, but I'm
11 pretty sure there used to be such a distinction.
12
13 Stroller.