From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rename /dev/nvme0n1 to /dev/sda
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 14:58:45
1 >> I would suggest you utilize the existing symlinks in one of the
2 >> /dev/disk/ sub-directories, or create some udev rules to create your
3 >> own symlinks based on whatever metadata you wish. I would also suggest
4 >> you read the udev(7) manual page.
7 > ++
8 >
9 > Labels are the most obvious solution to this sort of problem
10 > (especially if you want a generic system image that you can install in
11 > multiple places and not have to tweak). UUIDs are the other obvious
12 > solution, but that does need to be tailored to each install.
15 In order to use labels for this, I would need to label each of my
16 potentially-connected devices, correct?
17
18 - Grant