From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Provide a package for a special PHP version / slot / USE flag?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 08:56:12
1 Hi,
2
3 since dev-php/pecl-haru seems not to be available for PHP 7,
4 I installed it myself from github. But at every emerge, it
5 tells me about unmet dependencies. Of course, I could remove
6 the pecl-haru package completely from @world and just use my
7 self-installed "version 7". But for a short time, I need both
8 versions in parallel (i.e. the 5.6 version from portage tree,
9 and my own 7.3 version from github). I know (and already used)
10 the "packacke.provided" mechanism, but it seems that I cannot
11 "provide" certain slots, PHP versions, or USE flags there.
12
13 Is there a way to prevent portage warnings and errors in this
14 case?
15
16 Thanks,
17