From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stop an emerge (compilation), halt the PC, boot and continue the emerge
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 16:41:27
1 Hogren wrote:
2 > There are many big softwares like Firefox, LibreOffice. At a certain
3 > moment, I need to stop the compilation to halt the PC.
4 >
5 > But, when I boot up again the PC and I «emerge --resume», it restart the
6 > compilation process.
7 >
8 > Is there a way to not restart the compilation process ?
9 > I think that if I enter in the temp directory and I type «make && make
10 > install», it will install the software but it will not update portage
11 > database.
12
13 I had success in the past using ebuild instead of emerge. Check the man
14 page, briefly emerge is equivalent to the following steps in sequence:
15
16 $ ebuild fetch
17 $ ebuild unpack
18 $ ebuild compile
19 $ ebuild install
20 $ ebuild qmerge
21
22 Running 'make' in the temp dir followed by the last two ebuild steps
23 only (install and qmerge) should work.
24
25 raffaele