From: Mrugesh Karnik <mrugeshkarnik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Webapp-config trouble
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 22:27:29
1 Hi,
2
3 cgiirc-0.5.8 got installed as part of the regular update world cycle
4 yesterday. It was slotted alongside 0.5.7. At first, I noticed that the
5 vhosts USE flag was turned on when 0.5.8 got installed. So I re-emerged
6 it with -vhosts. After that, I unmerged cgiirc-0.5.7. Tried to start
7 apache with /etc/init.d/apache2 start and I get the following error:
8
9 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
10 Usage: /usr/sbin/apache2 [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
11 [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
12 [-k start|restart|graceful|stop]
13 [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-t] [-S]
15 -D name : define a name for use in <IfDefine name>
16 directives
17 -d directory : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
18 -f file : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
19 -C "directive" : process directive before reading config files
20 -c "directive" : process directive after reading config files
21 -e level : show startup errors of level (see LogLevel)
22 -E file : log startup errors to file
23 -v : show version number
24 -V : show compile settings
25 -h : list available command line options (this page)
26 -l : list compiled in modules
27 -L : list available configuration directives
28 -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS : show parsed settings (currently only vhost
29 settings)
30 -S : a synonym for -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
31 -t : run syntax check for config files
32
33 I tried to run webapp-config --si -V and I get this:
34
35 * Install directory is: /var/www/localhost/htdocs
36 * Fatal error: No .webapp file in /var/www/localhost/htdocs; unable to
37 continue
38 * Fatal error(s) - aborting
39
40 How do I solve this?