From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfsv4 issues
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 23:34:27
1 On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm trying to troubleshoot a newly setup nfs server, which, sometimes has a
4 > 30 second pause (tcpdump shows its server waiting).
5 >
6 > # time touch /usr/portage/distfiles/testfile
7 >
8 > real 0m30.088s
9 > user 0m0.000s
10 > sys 0m0.001s
11 >
12 > I cant see anything in the nfs server debugging so i want to strace nfsd.
13 > First i tell it to use single thread so i know i;m stracing the correct
14 > thread, but;
15 >
16 > # grep OPTS_RPC_NFSD nfs
17 > #OPTS_RPC_NFSD="8 -N2 -V 3 -V 4 -V 4.1"
18 > OPTS_RPC_NFSD="1 -N2 -V 3 -V 4 -V 4.1"
19 > # systemctl restart nfs-server
20 > # pgrep -lf nfsd
21 > 23546 nfsd4_callbacks
22 > 23548 nfsd
23 > 23549 nfsd
24 > 23550 nfsd
25 > 23551 nfsd
26 > 23552 nfsd
27 > 23553 nfsd
28 > 23554 nfsd
29 > 23555 nfsd
30 >
31 > So its not respecting the nproc setting. Any ideas? I also tried changing
32 > EXPORTFS_TIMEOUT= since its currently set at 30. It didnt help, but perhaps
33 > that's because its being ignored too.
34
35 Are the nfsd versions that you're setting being respected? You can
36 check with "rpcinfo -s" or "cat /proc/fs/nfsd/versions".
37
38 You can change the number of threads on the fly with "echo 1 >
39 /proc/fs/nfsd/threads".
40
41 I don't use systemd on Gentoo but for the nfs-utils upstream-shipped
42 systemd units that I think that Gentoo's using, you have to re-run
43 nfs-config.service - or run the script that it calls - in order to
44 update the "/run/sysconfig/nfs-utils" environment file that's sourced
45 by the nfs-server.service unit.
46
47 Does "/var/lib/nfs/v4recovery/" exist?
48
49 Does adding the client to "/etc/hosts" - or to your reverse dns zone -
50 eliminate the delay?