From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch to iproute2 and remove net-tools?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 02:33:50
1 (Sorry for top posting)
2
3 baselayout > 1.12 don't need net-tools, but other packages might need net-tools.
4
5 Why do you want to unmerge net-tools, anyway?
6
7 Rgds,
10 On 2011-09-01, Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com> wrote:
11 > I decided to switch to iproute2 and it went fine, until I removed
12 > net-tools. At that point, I got errors about /bin/hostname being
13 > missing. I did a quick search and found
14 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-443540-start-0.html where the dev
15 > says baselayout > 1.12 doesn't *need* the hostname command. I'm
16 > running ~amd w/ openrc and baselayout-2,0,3, yet my system complains.
17 > Anyone know how to kill net-tools completely? Thanks!
24 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
25 My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/