From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:13:35
1 On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:27:09 +0000
3 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:13:28 +0100, Tom Wijsman wrote:
6 >>
7 >> > > Use 'Reply-To-List' function (or equivalent - or worst case,
8 >> > > delete my direct email manually yourself) in your email program.
9 >> >
10 >> > Like everyone else, use the 'Filter duplicates' function in your
11 >> > email program or procmail; these requests aren't remembered, given
12 >> > that email programs don't provide a function to do this selectively.
13 >>
14 >> Don't they? Then why did you only get one copy of this reply, via the
15 >> list? Most posters here do not have this problem,
16 >
17 > Did I receive a reply? Who says I am even subscribed to the list?
18 >
19 >> Of course, if you don't want people to bother reading your mails,
20 >> continue to piss them off.
21 >
22 > All I'm doing is making sure this message gets to you; every notion you
23 > give to it beyond that, is what that 0.1% thinks of it. Not my problem.
24 >
25 > --
26 > With kind regards,
27 >
28 > Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
29 > Gentoo Developer
30 >
31 > E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
32 > GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
33 > GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D
34
35 Just my 2c as one of the others who doesn't generally reply to what,
36 at face value, seemed an awful lot more combative/trolling of a tone
37 than actually useful (disregard != compliance on the internet),
38 fighting on the topic of 'proper use of mailing lists' when you're
39 standing in stark contrast to the configuration of the mailing list
40 you're using to do it, and in the process, telling everyone (many of
41 which have been around here helping other users for many, many, years)
42 that they're wrong for using the list they've been using in the manner
43 they've been using it... when I see your name appear the first time as
44 long ago as last Dec., is rather on the arrogant side at the least
45 (I'm not certain if you've been around -dev or another longer, as I
46 don't believe I'm subscribed on that one). If you're really hellbent
47 on getting the configuration of the list changed, feel free to take it
48 up with the person who configures the list, rather than approaching it
49 by being condescending to the people who consistently use it.
52 Poison [BLX]
53 Joshua M. Murphy