From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How reliable is ext3?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:21:39
1 On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:17:26 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > So I continue to believe that Reiser 3 is remarkably reliable,
4 > at least if you don't try running it virtually on itself
5 > or blame hardware problems on the software.
6
7 I didn't say otherwise, in fact I've already posted to this thread about
8 running a mail server on it for many years. But there have been plenty of
9 horror stories posted to this list and elsewhere. How much store you place
10 by them is up to you.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
17 I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
18 I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
19 All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
20 Time to die.