From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with perl dependencies on emerge -uD world
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:05:37
1 On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:07:32 +0100, Marko Weber | 8000 wrote:
2
3 > on one of my gentoo-servers i try to update the system with 'emerge -uD
4 > world'.
5 >
6 > i get the following output, and have no idea how to solve this
7 > comnflicts.
8 > Can anyone help me or guide me?
9 >
10 > =====================================================================================================================================
11 >
12 > # emerge -uD world
13 >
14 > * IMPORTANT: 10 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
15 > * Use eselect news to read news items.
16
17 I'd start by reading these. Chances are one of them contains the answer
18 to your problem.
19
20 This is caused by the movement of some packages from perl-core into the
21 main perl build. Make sure you have no perl-core packages in world.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.