From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: two glibcs with different version
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 23:22:35
1 On 04/30/2010 06:24 AM, Kraus Philipp wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I must test a software with a older version of the glibc. I run the 2.11.1
5 > now but for one tool I need a previous version (2.6.1).
6
7 > How can I compile the glibc without changing my system glibc. I would like
8 > to set the previous glibc with the LD_PATH.
9
10 > Can I run two different versions or is a better solution to downgrade the
11 > system glib?
12
13 I know just barely enough to tell you to STOP and wait for expert advice
14 before you attempt ANYTHING. I can't give you any correct advice except
15 that you should make a complete backup of your entire system NOW because
16 your chances of doing what you want are very slim before you destroy your
17 operating system.
18
19 For now, just make complete backups of everything -- and then do nothing
20 more until an expert gives you better advice than mine.
21
22 No, really, don't do it yet. Really! (And burn a bootable gentoo rescue
23 CD/DVD while your machine is still working.)
24
25 Any experts out there who can give better advice?