From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia driver - blank screen not even console display
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 05:24:48
1 On 22/02/13 08:14, Joseph wrote:
2 > I just upgraded system including kernel to 3.5.7 because of udev-197
3 > Now I have a blank screen, not even console login (I can only access is
4 > via ssh)
5
6 With NVidia, it is usually a good idea to at least use the latest stable
7 gentoo-sources. So you should use 3.7.9. Also, it *is* a good idea to
8 keyword the latest NVidia driver that's considered stable by NVidia, not
9 by Gentoo. That would be 313.18.
10
11 So update to gentoo-sources-3.7.9 and nvidia-drivers-313.18. And make
12 sure you do (as root):
13
14 eselect opencl set nvidia
15 eselect opengl set nvidia