From: Bogo Mipps <bogo-mipps@××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Digikam issue
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 02:46:08
1 On Friday 28 May 2010 06:34:18 CJoeB wrote:
2 > Digikam loads just fine. It recognizes and displays the pictures in the
3 > folders on my hard drive. When my camera is plugged in and I select
4 > "Import --> Camera", my camera appears in the list (not the specific
5 > model, but it recognizes that it is a Canon). However, the images on
6 > the camera are not displayed. I tried entering the camera manually.
7 > Doing this, it wants a mount point which defaults to /mnt/camera. If I
8 > then select "Import-->Camera", I get the message "Failed to connect to
9 > camera". The correct mount point was created. BTW, I AM a member of
10 > the plugdev group.
11
12 Colleen, I had the same problem with my Canon G11. Digikam recognises it as a
13 "Canon Powershot G11" but doesn't display images. I've left it installed, and
14 installed another instance, just as plain old "USB PTP Class Camera", and it
15 displays, downloads, deletes just fine.
16
17 Bogo