From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vncviewer Recommendation
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:21:57
1 Aaron Clark wrote:
2 > Drew Tomlinson wrote:
3 >> I'm looking for an vncviewer for Linux that has the same features as the
4 >> Tight VNC viewer on Windows. I really like how the Windows viewer will
5 >> scale the desktop and "remember" connections. Also, it's very easy to
6 >> choose between "low" and "high" bandwidth connections with the Windows
7 >> version.
8 >>
9 >> I've installed the TightVNC viewer on my Gentoo box and it does not
10 >> appear to have any of these features. I'm looking for recommendations.
13 > Did you check the version numbers for the two TightVNC clients? You
14 > might need to switch to a ~arch version of Tight on Gentoo if the
15 > stable version is too old.
16 >
17 > If you're running Gnome, you could also take a look at Vinagre as a
18 > client. It does connection bookmarking, multiple connections on tabs,
19 > etc.
20
21 Thanks to all for the suggestions. My TightVNC on Linux is version
22 1.3.9 and is from net-misc/tightvnc-1.3.9-r2. As I am using Gnome, I've
23 installed Vinagre and it appears to be what I need. I just wish there
24 was some way to scroll in fullscreen mode.
25
26 Thanks,
27
28 Drew