From: Urs Schuetz <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't detect printer hp 840c on parallel port
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:49:28
1 On 04/09/09, vasya wrote:
2 > Hi. Here some problem - can't connect printer hp 840c on parallel port
3 > LPT1. Necessary kernel modules I've enabled. But CUPS by foomatic db or
4 > hplip by their own drivers can't detect this printer. Hplip tells me
5 > that "error: No device selected/specified or that supports this
6 > functionality." but printer on LPT port. CUPS can add this printer but
7 > can't print. How I can resolve it and what information I need to show
8 > you? Version of hplip - 3.9.4b-r1
9
10 Just a wild guess:
11 Is LPT1 enabled in the bios? Had something similar with USB, which was not enabled in the bios.
12
13 Urs