From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless Issue
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:44:30
1 On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:14 AM, CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I had wireless working just fine back when I was using the
5 > 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 kernel. Since upgrading to the 2.6.30 series of
6 > kernels, I haven't been able to get it working. I was using the ipw3945
7 > driver, but this driver needs TKIP and something else (don't remember
8 > what) set in the cryptographic section of the kernel source. I can't
9 > seem to find where that is located, if it is in the kernel that I am
10 > currently running - 2.6.31-gentoo-r10.
11
12 If I remember correctly, I think there were major changes to kernel
13 wireless infrastructure introduced in 2.6.30. And in wpa_supplicant
14 some changes had to be made for some people, like changing the driver
15 (in my case from -Dmadwifi to -Dwext). Sorry I'm not familiar with
16 your particular driver but I know there were major changes in general
17 around that time.
18
19 You may also need to emerge net-wireless/iw if you don't have it already.
20
21 In the crypto/cipher section of the kernel I've found it easiest to
22 just build all of them as modules and then they're available if
23 needed.