From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] baselayout --> openrc ?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:08:03
1 On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 07:18:38 -0400, David Relson wrote:
2
3 > > As I recall upgrading to b2/openrc involves lots of changed config
4 > > files (mostly conf.d init init.d), so you have to be a little
5 > > careful.
6 >
7 > My recollection was of
8 >
9 > (1) being scared that I'd get the changes wrong for baselayout2
10 > (2) the changes were easy and went smoothly
11 > (3) no problems!
12
13 I have a similar recollection. Openrc will be stabilised at some time,
14 so you may as well do the upgrade when you feel like it rather that when
15 the devs decide to flip a keyword.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 It's not a bug, it's tradition!