From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Mouse wheel doesn't work
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:38:26
1 > 1) Why wouldn't a default xorg.conf be installed?
2
3 Xorg.conf contains detailed info about your installation, a default one
4 doesn't do you much good except for to use a vanilla x config.
5
6 > 2) Is there possibly another config file that my system is using?
7
8 I'm sure it defaults to a simple config that would work across most
9 installations but, as you've noticed things like the wheel are not part of
10 the vanilla config.
11
12 > 3) Could the vmware-tools sample be sufficient to build one (xorg.conf)?
13
14 Probably not as it would not be part of the normal path.
15
16 > 4) Would it be used, if I'm not using one now?
17
18 Nope.
19
20 See the gentoo wiki for how to build an initial xorg.conf file and extend it
21 for your wheel mouse support.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list