From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox not killing processes on close
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:38:30
1 Howdy,
2
3 I have noticed something that really bugs me. I sometimes have a few
4 Firefox sessions running. I do this because I have to be logged into a
5 website with more than one user/password. Here is my issue. If I click
6 the X box to close a session of Firefox, it doesn't seem to kill the
7 process. I end up having to go to a Konsole and killing the process
8 with either the kill command or pkill. Naturally, all the processes are
9 named Firefox so I can't tell one from the other. That leads to me
10 killing the wrong one at times.
11
12 My question is this, why does Firefox not kill its processes as it
13 should? When I click the X and it closes, it should kill the process
14 right? When it does not kill correctly and I try to restart that
15 session, I get the error that the session is already running.
16
17 This has been going on for a while. What can I look for or do to
18 correct this?
19
20 Also, after large updates, I go to the boot runlevel, kill any processes
21 that shouldn't be running, then go back to default runlevel. Sometimes,
22 I have to kill quite a few processes to get a clean list. While this is
23 not just a Firefox issue, it is just the one that gets in the way the
24 most. It seems there is a underlying issue somewhere and Firefox is
25 just one symptom.
26
27 Anyone have thoughts on this?
28
29 Thanks.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!