From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Gentoo system has become unstable and unusable - help, please!
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:14:31
1 Hi, Volker,
2
3 On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 01:56:48PM +0100, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4
5 > you can try upping the voltage of the ram by 0.05V. I had a stick that
6 > threw errors unless I gave it a bit more. After that the system was
7 > stable and none of the memtesting apps found any errors.
8
9 Tried that with the voltage everywhere from 1.5v to 1.6v in 0.02v steps.
10 It didn't help. It turns out, one of the RAM sticks was kaputt.
13 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).