From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] raid autodetection uuid differences
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:43:19
1 On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 12:00 PM, David Mehler <dave.mehler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I've got a new gentoo box with two drives that i'm using raid1 on. On
4 > boot the md raid autodetection is failing. Here's the error i'm
5 > getting:
6 >
7 <SNIP>
8 >
9 > I've booted with a live CD and checked the arrays they look good, i'm
10 > not sure how to correct this UUID issue, any suggestions welcome.
11 > Thanks.
12 > Dave.
16 Dave,
17 I suspect this is the same problem I had two weeks ago. Search for
18 my thread called:
19
20 "How does grub assemble a RAID1 for / ??"
21
22 and read that for background.
23
24 If I'm correct this is a metadata issue. You have two choices:
25
26 1) What I think you've done is create the RAID1 without specifying
27 --metadata=0.90. If that's correct then you __must__ use an initramfs
28 to load mdadm. I'm studying how to do that myself.
29
30 2) Rebuild the RAID1 specifying --metadata=0.90 which is the only
31 metadata type that the kernel can auto-assemble for you at boot time
32 without an initramfs, and what I'm currently using here.
33
34 Hope this helps,
35 Mark